Learn a Martial Art- Have Fun, get Fit, and Build Life Skills
- Its Grading Time again – Saturday September 13th. Speak to ray if you have any questions about grading, and enjoy it.
- Saturday 6th September – Come down for a Sausage Sizzle and support the club to raise money for Muju Korea 2015
- For the Victorian State Championship Scores and Positions click: Here
- For the Victorian State Championship Match Results click: Here
- Watch Isi breaking boards for her 2nd Dan: Here
- Taekwondo at Revolution Taekwondo is a fantastic, fun, and rewarding way to get fit and shed a few kilos for Summer, we train hard, have great fun doing it, and are getting fit for summer. Come on down, and give it a go, i am confident you wont be sorry….
- Nicole has started the “Mums Fitness Class”, it is each Saturday starting at 1:00pm, (straight after the adults Taekwondo class). The class is growing each week so for only $10 per class, it is great value for money.
- Download and take the Australian Defense Force Pre-Enlistment Assessment, its a great way to gauge where you are at, then come down and start training with us, and you will quickly see the benefits
We made the local paper…
Muju Korea Results
Master Ray Povh – Gold Medal in 6th Dan Black Belt Open Poomsae
Abraham Tsimiklis – Silver Medal in Male Blue Belt Sparring
Darius Dekker – Silver Medal in Under 13 2nd Dan Black Belt Poomsae
Victorian State Selection Championship
Poomsae – George Mitzeliotis
Poomsae – Capucine Laville Creative
Poomsae – Vanessa Franco
Poomsae – Darius Dekker
Poomsae – Isabel Hayes
Poomsae – Ariel Moy
Poomsae – Owen Moy
Sparring – Capucine Laville
Sparring – Abraham Tsimiklis
Poomsae –Vanessa Franco
Pairs Poomsae – Darius Dekker & Capucine Laville
At the heart of Revolution are its instructors who are all Kukkiwon Registered:
- Ray Povh 6th Dan (Head Instructor)
- Nicole Hyun 5th Dan (Sparring Instructor)
and a team of Black belts to assist you in attaining your full potential. All junior classes are run by at least two senior instructors, ensuring every child will get one on one time and wont be lost in a group.
What is Taekwondo
Taekwondo is a Korean Martial Art, it combines combat and self-defense techniques with sport and exercise. Gyeorugi – a type of sparring, has been an Olympic sport since 2000. Sport taekwondo has developed since the 1950s and may have a somewhat different focus, especially in terms of its emphasis on speed and competition (as in Olympic sparring). Sport taekwondo is in turn subdivided into two main styles. One style is practiced by International Taekwon-Do adherents and was created in 1955 by Choi Hong Hi. The other style derives from Kukkiwon, the source of the sparring system sihap gyeorugi. This style is now an event at the summer Olympic Games and is governed by the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF). Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters) is the traditional center for WTF taekwondo and was founded in 1973 by Dr. Kim Un Yong. More in-depth history of the sport can be found here
About Revolution Taekwondo
Our philosophy is to teach you the correct way in a fun environment. Learning Martial Arts is not about “learning to fight”, it’s so much more, it is about learning about your body, how to move, your posture, and pushing your fitness levels to new heights within a controlled environment with plenty of support. Taekwondo has a positive impact on your self confidence levels, which will assist you in so many ways in your personal and professional life, and provide you a structured frame work for all levels of fitness to get you to where you want or need to be. To view our fees click here We have classes running 5 days a week, the time table can be viewed here, so you can train on the days that best suit you.